Friday, March 28, 2014

Blogging with Littles


Blogging with kiddies is a dangerous business. You think you're just writing for fun, with no consequences, and the next thing you know your computer has apple juice in the keyboard and peanut butter on the screen. 
Good thing they're pretty cute, as you can see here. Or as I can see. I don't know. Other people's kids are rarely as adorable as their parents think they are, but that's what mamas are for. 

***************************

Dan: "Mama! What are you doing?"

Me: "Just writing a story. (Before he can ask me to read it all because he looooves mama reading him every word in sight) A boring, grown-up story. 

D: "I can write a story! Can I try?"

Me: *quiet sigh, I was on a roll* "Sure! You can push the buttons and we'll do it together."

D: "Okay. My best story."

[So here follows my 3 year old's first computer-written story:]

gqwer5tjuiiooloit e
Translation: "I want to write a story that will tell Rock and Abby and Kyleigh."

gk./'hk;[outrdwrkuphdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd 
Translation: "Kyleigh and Rock, I can get some cookies and ice cream for them. And from the ice cream cart because it's good. And Uncle Greg has dogs and Aunt Judy has good cookies."

aifffeeeeeefnndslcieiaanc;annfrei45w faa;hfffffffffffrs
Translation: "I like Abby and I was... I love Amy, too, and Mike and David and Abby mostly and Rock and baby Ruby and the big kids and my cousins."

kjhgtttttttyo[ur3221mllllkiiiioolkjjjjjhhhdDjjhko98u80khkjjhjjkiyhjk;;kjhggggfuiii9ujjjjjjhgfhjkjkkmmmmnmkhhkjjggtylll;;;piyyyyyhhjhhjjjhgyty6666tjuuuuuuuuuuuii
Translation: "Dan loves Abby and David and Mike and Rock and Nellie and Ruby and Rock and Kyleigh and Dan. I'm a really good speller. That spells what I say."

**********************

So there you have it. A bit weak on plot, I'll admit, but full of love. Not bad for now.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Dan's first stream of consciousness blog. Excellent. Well, tell Dan that his cousin's Papa (Dad, whatever) says he did a great job.

    ReplyDelete